Ads 468x60px

Saturday, September 13, 2008

Pitas With Veggies and Hummus

This was to die for. The original recipe is from a magazine, but I don't know which one. We find magazines when sorting, they come into the breakroom and then they disappear. This one disappeared before I could write the title down but thankfully not before I could get the recipe.

First, I made my own hummus using this recipe. Note: We used lime juice and extra garlic. It's by far the best hummus I've ever had.

Then the recipe:
Ingredients:
  • - 1 medium garlic clove
  • 2 1/2 tbs olive oil, divided
  • 1/3 cup hummus
  • 1 tbs. Parmesan
  • 1/8 tbs salt
  • 1 cup chickpeas (or garbanzo beans, they're the same thing)
  • 1 cup grape tomatoes
  • 3/4 cup cucumbers
  • 1/2 walnuts
  • 1/3 feta cheese
  • 1 tbs lemon juice
Instructions:
  • With food processor running, add garlic to proccessor. Then add 1 tbs of the oil. Add the hummus, cheese and salt, process.
  • Combine all remaining ingredients in meidum bowl Spread scant 3 tbs hummus in pita bread, then fill with veggie mixture.
AND YUM!

No comments: