Ads 468x60px

Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Mediterrean Pasta

I had no idea what to call this, my friend introduced me to the preparation and given the ingredients I thought the name fit. :)

It's quite easy and very versatile. It makes a nice side or a hearty vegetarian lunch for two.

4 oz. whole wheat spaghetti (any pasta can be used, but spaghetti is best)
1/2 cup chopped broccoli OR zucchini (and/or onion) or both :D
enough EVOO to coat the spaghetti, about 2 tablespoons or so
(*optional 1 tablespoon EVOO and 1 tablespoon butter instead, I prefer straight oil, but I compensate for my husband)
to taste:
garlic powder
dried basil
parmesan

Do I even need to explain? *Grin* Cook spaghetti and vegetables, toss with oil (and/or butter) and spices. (You don't even need the veggies if you don't want, but really, why not?)

It's so easy but the taste is somewhat, I don't know, sophisticated? At least for this domestically-challenged girl. :D I adore basil so I use a lot. Normally I would recommend just cooking with fresh (or minced) garlic but the powder makes sure the flavor is evenly distributed and the texture is smooth instead of chunky, depending on how/if you do the veggies. You can use regular spaghetti but the slightly nutty taste of the WW makes it better, in my opinion.

Boring recipe, but I haven't posted in a while and I just made this tonight and wanted to share.

No comments: